Sunday, October 30, 2011

Space Vision 2011


Hey everyone! I'm in Colorado right now, about to get on a plane to head back to Boston. I just attended the 2011 Space Vision Conference in Boulder, Co. Space Vision is a conference for the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS) chapters to come together and learn more about what each chapter is doing. I listened a lot of interesting presentations and learned a lot about other chapter's projects. I met a couple chapters that had submitted their own Microgravity Projects, including the University of Arizona who flew last year! I also met other people who are involved in really great space-related projects, such as Bob Richards, one of the founders of the Google Lunar X-prize team Moon Express! (http://moonexpress.com/ check it out!)


It was a really exciting conference, and I definitely want to spend the next few posts blogging about the things I learned there. Probably some of the topics you'll be hearing about: exoplanet searching techniques, space debris removal, and new orbital and suborbital launching capabilities.
Stay tuned!
-Emily Metivier

No comments:

Post a Comment